Getting user's time from web revlet?

Michael Kann mikekann at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 10:16:46 EST 2010

Tim,

Let's say Mary is in front of her computer in Tokyo. Do you want her to be able to see her local date/time appear on the web page in front of her? Or do you want that web page to send the Tokyo date/time back to the server in Houston so it can be logged there?

If you want to send the data back to Houston then you have two choices. Either she can click on a link in her page to send a POST request back to Houston, or it can be done sneakily with AJAX, behind the scenes. Both of those require Javascript. We can do some dumpster diving on the javascript websites and find something.