shell

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 04:50:09 EST 2010

He he.. U is for User...

The protocol is is 'Unreliable' in the sense that there is very
little in the way of guaranteeing data integrity, more like a shotgun
approach to data transmission.
It relieves some of the TCP overhead which is why some online games
use UDP instead of TCP to reduce latency. Any occasional hiccup is
tolerated by the User.

Cheers,

Luis.