BSD and HP9K700 standalones . . . ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:55:08 EST 2010

On 17/01/2010 21:31, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> So, I have written directly to RunRev (see earlier posting) to ask if
>> they would be so kind as to issue
>> 2.2.1 and engines with licence numbers to any Studio and Enterprise
>> owners who might be interested;
>
> You will receive an answer, but it will probably take some time. The
> company has suffered two deaths within a very short time span, the
> tech queue is still somewhat backlogged from the holidays (though
> we're catching up) which is amplified by the fact that Heather is
> working much shorter hours recently because she needs to attend to her
> family.

I am well aware of the situation there, and far from wanting to be a
thorn in the flesh I can wait; and, ultimately,
I won't lose any sleep if I never receive a reply. However I will lose
quite a lot of sleep if I feel that my message
is the straw that breaks the camel's back of an overloaded, grieving
workforce.

> I am volunteering extra hours to help but I don't know the answers to
> much of what's in there, so those tickets are still sitting in the
> queue until I can find out. Tickets are being triaged by urgency, and
> a question like yours will not take priority right now.

Ha, Ha, Ha . . . right down at the bottom; and I am well aware of that;
but, hey, I've always been a bit of a
chancer . . .  :)

> Mailing list memories are very short, but over at the office they are
> still recovering. The double blow was extremely difficult.

Bill seemed a super chap when I met him in the summer, and I can only
offer (again) my electronic
tears. As for Kevin's niece, in many ways that is even sadder, when one
is taken when so young the
world seems dreadfully unfair - and it must feel like a kick in the
pants. I became aware in the summer
just how family-style the Runtime Revolution company is, and, frankly,
that was far more interesting
and enlightening than anything I learnt at the conference itself. For
what its worth all the good folk
at the Edinburgh office are in my thoughts/prayers.

> All the staff are jumping in to help, and many are doing things
> outside their job descriptions, but some things just have to wait. So
> be patient.

I have always thought that job descriptions were utter rubbish; in all
the places I have ever worked I have
been required to work outwith some sort of silly job description -
except my current job, where as sole
owner and operator of my language school my job description is
"everything, everything and everything"
- just blown the main fuse trying to sort out some outside lights . . .   :)

"Be patient" . . . I live in Bulgaria, and have lived in Islamic
countries where the people have patience
down to a fine art; and if incomers don't acquire it pretty quickly
things go badly sour even more
quickly.

part of my last posting was about personal needs/wishes re Linux PPC and
as my time frame for that
is about 8 months I can be fairly patient . . .  :)

Mind you . . . if you could point me to a Linux PPC engine for Metacard
I could start fooling around now.