an interesting challenge

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Wed Jan 13 05:10:06 EST 2010

> Hello Jim,
> I agree, but...
> Here (Wikipedia) it is not only syntaxic explanation but content...  ;-
> )
> René
>
> PS : "Je vais faire des phrases !" Gustave Flaubert...

On the anniversary of his passing, I will tell a funny story.

In all the years of our association, Eric and I always spoke and
corresponded in English. About two months before his passing, I "confessed"
and told him I had taken two years of French in high school as my "second
language." He was outraged and said something to the effect of, "After all
these years you tell me this?"

He then wrote me several emails in French. I understood little of what he
said and told him we needed to return to English. He said something to the
effect of, "As you have been my English editor, now I will be your French
one." ;-)

He was also to be my Mac teacher as I had taught him about PCs. But time did
not allow.

C'est la vie.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini