How to interrupt a get URL http... command

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Jan 12 00:58:35 EST 2010

I issue a "get URL "http://..." command to load a very small file from the web page. This usually behaves well and loads instantly even on slow network connections because the http file. If there is good a good network connection to the Internet it gets the download. If there isn't a connection at all it downloads nothing and errors out well and if usually notifies the user very quickly.

However, I sometimes the Internet connection is either extremely slow or otherwise problematic. In this case nothing appears to be happening until the statement times out. Unfortunately waiting for it to time out takes a long time to the user and I want to give them a chance to cancel it.

The Rev docs suggest using the "load" command instead.  The Rev docs state that "get URL" commands are blocking. The handler pauses until Rev is finished accessing the URL. I would like to present a "Cancel download" button to the user in the event it is taking too long. How do I configure this?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos