Simplistic use of data grids

Beynon, Rob R.Beynon at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Jan 10 05:05:26 EST 2010

I think I understand a bit about datagrids, but what I'd really like is the ability to use it as a device to allow entry of data in column,row format, for further processing, purely during that instance of the data.

1. User enters data, completing all cells in each row - this will be checked for in program
2. User processes data via a simple button, such that...
3. Program performs analysis of tabulated data in datagrid
4. Data is volatile, and is lost when program quits

The reason why I like the datagrid is because it does things like headers and automatic sorts very easily.

However, if I create an empty datagrid, it seems as though it is not possible to manually enter data. I suspect I am doing something wrong with the properties (I select editable though).

All help appreciated.

Rob
Prof R J Beynon
Proteomics and Functional Genomics Group
Faculty of Veterinary Science
University of Liverpool
Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ
Phone: +44 151 794 4312                Fax: +44 151 794 4243
Email: r.beynon at liv.ac.uk               http://www.liv.ac.uk/pfg