the dragdestination wierdness

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Jan 8 19:27:22 EST 2010

Hi all.

This may or may not be a bug. When I drag from one column of data in a datagrid to another column of data in the SAME datagrid, I get what you might expect, which is, the dgDataControl of the target contains the long id of the column name I am dragging from, and the dragdestination contains the long id of the column I am dropping onto.

HOWEVER...

If I drop on a different place in THE SAME COLUMN, then the dragdestination contains "_ColumnData_" which really does me no good at all. What I really want to do is be able to drag a CELL of a datagrid to another cell in the same column so I can reorder JUST THAT COLUMN.

I cannot believe that the text "_ColumnData_" is what the developers intended to return under these circumstances. Anyone?

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM