RunRevLive.10: 72 hours left to save

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Feb 25 16:20:53 EST 2010

I probably shouldn't touch this one with a 10-foot (100-foot? 100-meter?) pole, but...

Perhaps the best solution for everyone would be if Rev just offered up some combination of refund or store credit. We certainly don't need to be debating the role of force majeure in this case, but some sort of restitution is probably in order after 5+ months.

It is both unfair to lecture RunRev on good business practices considering the circumstance*** AND unfair to expect people to wait 5 months for an already-paid-for product which is worth less and less over time.

Would anyone be unwilling to just call it a day if RunRev said "we're very sorry that we were unable to deliver these DVDs in a timely fashion. please accept our apology this credit towards XYZ and we will still ship your DVD when we can" ?

Just my 2 cents.

- Brian

*** To those who would argue that you must deliver in business in spite of personal problems, I agree in principle. However, please keep in mind that Rev literally lost a key team member suddenly and unexpectedly. People can "suck it up" and continue to perform in spite of personal turmoil to a limit, but they cannot be instantly replaced when they literally are gone.