Project Euler [SPOILER #3]

Geoff Canyon Rev gcanyon+rev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:21:48 EST 2010

It's hurting my head trying to figure out why yours works. ;-)

That said, it's very slow. The simple brute force method is roughly
100 times faster (since it doesn't iterate 10,000 times but only 100):

      put 0 into total
      put 0 into summer
      repeat with i = 1 to 100
         subtract i^2 from total
         add i to summer
      end repeat
      add summer^2 to total

_That_ said, I believe there is yet a faster way. I believe yours is
O(n^5), mine is O(n^3), but O(n^2) is possible. (If someone
understands big O notation better than I do feel free to jump in here)

gc