DataGrid: Let Data Grid know that first line has column names

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Feb 25 05:18:33 EST 2010

Bonjour Matthias,
I have had the same problem as you can see in the thread that Zryip
pointed out

Have a look at page 44 in the Trevor' doc; it says:
"Note that if pFirstLineContainsHeaders is true then the columns must
already exist in your data grid table in order to be displayed."
So you have to create the columns and their name first
Either by hand in the Columns pane of the inspector
or by script as in the following example :
-- drag a new data grid and do :
---------
  put "Name" & cr & "ForeName" into theColNames
    set the dgProp["columns"] of grp "dataGrid 1" to theColNames
---------
Then you can populate it with pFirstLineContainsHeaders like this:
-------
   put "Name" & tab & "ForeName" & cr & "Smith" & tab & "Jim" into
theData
    set the dgText[true] of grp "dataGrid 1" to theData
--------

Best regards from Genoble

André