Altering HTML Text
Ray at LinkIt.Com
Wed Feb 24 01:38:51 EST 2010
Thanks once again for your time on this. Yes, I've tried both UTF-8
and UTF-16 encoding and decoding but with no success. I believe
you're right with your bottom line. I'll let you know what I end up
doing for a solution.
On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Hi Ray.
> I just checked the encoding of the site and it's correct. I spoke
> with my web guy, and he seems to think that there is metadata in the
> source of all web sites that are not displayed in a browser, but
> which are apparently there nonetheless. When you select "Show
> Source" in a browser menu, the browser is smart enough to filter out
> the metadata, but apparently the function that gets the source for a
> RevBrowser instance is not.
> I do not think you will find a way to deal with this, unless you can
> filter out every character with an ASCII value over 128. Still, some
> characters lie quotes are showing up as Capital A's with umlauts
> over them.
> Please not that with the web site I tried, http://po.cccm.com your
> code worked exactly as expected, given that I inserted the <base>
> tag to deal with the relative references in the html. I also noticed
> that you are trying to display a table. I think this is where the
> metadata (or whatever the extra characters are) is coming from.
> But the bottom line is, I do not think that the RevBrowser is
> properly interpreting the source. My impression of RevBrowser is
> that it is a bare bones basic method of getting a web page to
> display in a Revolution window. It is not something you can really
> get into the nuts and bolts of.
> On Feb 23, 2010, at 6:20 PM, Ray Horsley wrote:
>> Thanks for you interest in this thing. Here's a stack I put
>> together for André. I thought you might like to take a look at it.
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
More information about the Use-livecode