on-rev and coda

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Tue Feb 23 17:09:06 EST 2010

Dear Jeffrey,

On 23/02/2010, at 3:52 PM, Jeffrey Massung wrote:

> Has anyone here successfully connected to on-rev with coda for editing their web pages? If so, what were the settings you used?

This seems to work for me:

1) In the 'Sites' pane, click the 'Add Site...' button
2) Enter the site's details like this:
	SITE
	- Nickname: [whatever you wish]
	- Root URL: http://[YOURSUBDOMAIN].on-rev.com/
	- Local UrL: [leave empty]
	- Remote Root: /public_html/
	- Local Root: [the path to your local site on-rev folder in your hd]
	CONNECTING
	- Server: ftp.[YOURSUBDOMAIN].on-rev.com
	- User Name: [your on-rev 8-character username]
	- Password: [your on-rev password]
	- Port: 21
	- Protocol: FTP
	- List Encoding: Unicode (UTF8)
	- (checked) Use passive mode for data transfers
	- [checked/unchecked] Prompt for password when connecting
	TERMINAL
	[as far as I can tell, terminal access is not bundled by default with on-rev]
	SOURCE CONTROL
	[if you use Subversion, you can put your 'Local Root' under version control here]

I have not been able to find a 'style' on the net that does Rev syntax highlighting, but it is still worthwhile using the Coda code editor, as its many features - like site-wide search and replace, and built-in HTML reference - can be very, very handy, indeed.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto