Button Icon Placement

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Feb 23 12:23:41 EST 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Dan Friedman wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Is there a way to have an icon on a button and have the label
> centered, but not under the button?  I know if you set the textStyle
> to left or right, then the icon is centered.  But, if you set the
> textStyle to centered, then the text lies below the icon.
>
> My goal is to use a custom button graphic (up and down states) and
> the button name (label) would display normally, over the icon.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.

Dan,

Check out this thread from the list from one year ago:

http://n4.nabble.com/Dynamic-labels-for-buttons-with-oddshaped-icon-images-td337687.html#a337687

It dealt with the very issue you're asking about. In essence, you play
with the margins of the button to move the label over the icon image.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University