OT: Parallels or VMWare Fusion?

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Feb 18 21:13:20 EST 2010

There was a recent review on the web of Parallels, Fusion and the
freebie one - forget the name. Parallels was judged the quickest.

I have Fusion on one Mac, using the Bootcamp (Apple's scheme for running
Windows) partition. Parallels on another machine (same speed CPU) using
its own install of WinXP, not Bootcamp.  I don't notice much of a
difference in speed when running apps, but Parallels is much, much
faster at start up and shut down. Not sure if that is the result of
using/not using the Bootcamp partition, but because of that I like
Parallels a lot better.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan