Newsfeeder - an RSS reader

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:38:25 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Jim Bufalini <jim at visitrieve.com> wrote:

> Jeffrey Massung wrote:
>
> > Any thoughts/comments very much appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Very nice looking Jeffrey. Will it have automatic filtering as in if an
> article/post doesn't have this word/phrase or that word/phrase or another
> word/phrase in either the headline or body, then throw it away?

Jim,

Yes. That's the idea. For example, if you were had a lot of news feeds, and
typed "iran" into filter area, the only headlines that would appear would be
those that had Iran somewhere in the title or body of the headline. You can,
of course, clear the filter as well and see all the headlines, too. In the
status bar it would say something to the effect of "2 headline(s), 28
filtered" after parsing a feed.

The filter acts as a logic AND per word; all the search words need to appear
in the headline (title or body) or it will be filtered. If the word begins
with "-" then the term is a negation and the headline will be filtered if
the search term does appear in it.

Again, for those of you who use RSS regularly, I'd be interested in knowing
what features are important to you... and better still, what is lacking from
the current reader you use.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Jeff M.