Calling handlers on different stacks.

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Tue Feb 16 14:23:59 EST 2010

Andrew,

> Another silly question that I don't quite get.
>
> Calling handlers located on Stack1 from Stack2.
>
> Code in stack 2:
>

> start using stack "Stack1"
>
>  PopulateListOnFilter --Handler on Stack1
>
> stop using stack "Stack1"
>
> How do I call PopulateListOnFilter on stack1 from stack 2?

I just want to make sure that you understand that *call* is only necessary
to call a handler that is not in the message path. Also, *start using* is
for libraries. Otherwise you use *open*. However, if you *start using* a
library stack, this inserts that stack into the message path and so there is
no need to use *call* to execute any handlers in that stack.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini