ANN: Newsfeeder - an RSS reader
massung at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:39:39 CST 2010
Well, this is really a half announcement. I've been working on this in my spare time now for about a month, and have it somewhere - I'd guess - around 80% ready for release. I'm posting a couple screenshots here, telling you about a few of the features, and (for have those of you who use RSS readers) hoping you'll give me what your general impressions, etc.
Newsfeeder is designed to be easy and minimalistic. It's not intended to be a "remember every headline I've ever read from any feed... ever" like a newsgroup/usenet reader (which is what most RSS readers do). It is also not intended to display HTML pages, as opposed to giving you a very quick overview of headlines so you only have to go to web pages that really interest you.
A couple screenshots so you can get a feel for the user interface:
Current feature set:
* Can read RSS, FEED (ATOM), and RDF news feeds.
* Strips out extraneous HTML markup from descriptions.
* Share headlines via email, Twitter, Blogger, Digg, Reddit, and Facebook
* Headline filtering (search) as-you-type
* Unique "tagging" feature to quickly sort and navigate subscriptions
* QuickTime/media support for podcast audio and video
There's several other features that I'm working on as well, but don't want to discuss them in case they don't make the final cut for version 1.0.
Any thoughts/comments very much appreciated. Thanks!
More information about the use-livecode