[OT] Making videos on a Mac

Jim Carwardine jim at oyfconsulting.com
Mon Feb 15 15:30:22 EST 2010

How do I make a video on a Mac that can be viewed on a PC?

It seems that whatever tool I use - QuickTime, Adobe Flash Video
Encoder (CS3), IshowU, Flip4Mac - the ensuing video cannot be played
universally on a PC, yet, if I get the same video, created on a Mac
but converted to a .flv or a .wmv on a PC everyone seems to be able to
play it.

I'm using a Powerbook with OS 10.5.8 with QT Pro (up to date).

The videos either won't play or they require a Quicktime download in
order to play.

I want to keep it simple for my users and let them simply go to my web
site and play the movie.

Why is this so complex on a Mac?  Is there no easy way?

Jim Carwardine,
President & CEO
OYF Consulting
Ph. 902.823.2339 / 866.601.2339
Fx. 902.823.2139
<www.StrategicDoing.com>
StrategicDoing™: When Strategic Planning is finished,
execution of your plan depends on your employees.