strange option menu behavior

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:51:53 EST 2010

I may be doing something that option menus were not intended for, so I want to check if others are seeing the same behavior.

Using Rev 4.0, I'm creating an option menu in a stack with all the possible menu items I need in it. However, some of these menu items need to be disabled at different points. So I'm simply running a "disable menuitem 2" command, and that works great on the Mac side. But when I do this on the Windows side, the menu items do not appear disabled, and they're displaying the "(" before the "disabled" items. What's strange, though, is when I select one of these items, my menuPick handler does not fire, but the menuHistory of the button changes to the item I selected. So there's kind of some weird mixed behavior going on.

Anyone else seeing this? Is it normal? Is there a workaround? Should I not be using an option menu this way?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chris

--
Chris Sheffield