Anyone else under two feet of snow

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Sat Feb 6 23:55:23 EST 2010

Mikey wrote:

> If it makes you feel any worse, the storm missed us up here in Lake
> Effect
> Snow country.
>

> But it also missed my friends in Sydney, Honolulu, Panama City and Rio,
> too.  Wait - it never snows in those places.  Never mind.

Last week, my daughter who is in graduate school in North Carolina called
all excited exclaiming, "It's snowing! It's snowing!" She said, "It's just
so beautiful and it just floats down from the sky!" She took a ton of
pictures and couldn't stop watching and marveling at this miracle. She
called several more times to share her excitement.

You see in all of her 22 years, while visiting places, she had occasionally
seen snow on the ground, she had never seen it snow.

Just goes to remind how one person's drudgery can be another's wonder. It
reminded me that it is not what happens, but how we react to what happens,
that makes all the difference in the world.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini