on-rev queries

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Thu Feb 4 19:39:10 EST 2010

Bob Sneidar wrote:

> My fix of always connecting at the beginning of every script that needs
> access, and disconnecting at the end of every script that made the
> connection works for now. It's probably better to do this anyway...

I think I commented on this thread early on saying I never saw this problem,
although I was not creating and dropping parts of the schema from Rev. But
when I saw your "fix" I quickly realized that because I was using irev
scripts to connect to the DBs and irev scripts are not persistent, it is
necessary for me to connect to the DB each time. So, of course, I wouldn't
have the same experience as you. The other thing I might note that I noticed
is that when you use irev scripts and connecting each time at the beginning
of the irev script, the irev (Rev DB) connection ID is always "1"

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini