Links to programs in Windows?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Feb 3 04:39:33 EST 2010

Hi Florian and Kresten,

You give some interesting hints, Florian, but it can't be done by
RunRev as far as I know. One needs to do this with VBScript for
instance. One should read out the App Paths registry key and cycle
through all entries under the Software key. Because Revolution can
only read data and no nodes, it can't be done. I have started working
on a simple command line solution with VBScript, but I need to finish
other projects first.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Try the new URL shortening service http://qurl.tk

Op 2 feb 2010, om 19:45 heeft Florian von Walter het volgende
geschreven:

> Kresten,
>
> it is not sufficient to search through "C:\Documents and Settings\All
> Users\Start Menu\Programs".
>
> Many program links are created under "C:\Documents and
> Settings\<User>\Start Menu" and "C:\Documents and Settings\<User>
> \Start
> Menu\Programs".
> Also "C:\Documents and Settings" doesn't always have to be there. This
> can change when a power user moves user profiles away from the
> standard
> directory.
> It can also change between Windows versions. It changed with Windows 7
> where "C:\Documents and Settings" doesn't exist anymore. It is now at
> "C:\Users". "C:\Documents and Settings" under Windows 7 is just a link
> to "C:\Users" now.

<snip>