URL(tUrl) inconsistencies in iOS Simulator

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 30 03:58:38 EST 2010

Hi Colin,

> On Dec 29, 2010, at 4:36 AM, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
>
>> Why use GoogleMaps ?
>>
>> Convert your Long and Lat coordinates to radians
>>
>> And use a simple Haversine formula in Livecode to
>> calculate the distance.
>

> Would that give you the driving distance?

My mechanism was designed for plane flights only, so
crow-fly distance. Also, I start with a data base of
10,000 cities and towns, by name, with their long and
lat positions. But I imagine that GoogleMaps could
offer you :

a - Shortest route ?
b - Time-saver route ?
c - Toll-roads or not ?

And I don't see you giving that request in a call
to Googlemaps. So what answer do you get ?

Also my system allows for trips such as :
Boston -> New York (via Los Angeles and Calgary)
with up to 9 stop-overs. So I admit I solve a
different problem.

Sorry I can't help.

Best Regards

-Francis