extract by delimiter

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 02:54:21 EST 2010

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, Thomas McGrath III <mcgrath3 at mac.com> wrote:

> put url "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=22664069&u=f"
> into field 1
>
> gets an xml like page of data. So I just extracted the
> yweather: info I needed:
>
> example:
> <yweather:location city="Bethel Park"
> region="PA"   country="United States"/>
>
> Then I replace "<" with "" in field 1
> etc till I got the data that I was left with before

If it's an XML to begin with, why not use the revXML external library to parse it? Unless you're building an iOS app, of course, as this has no externals support - but then you could use Ken Ray's stsXmlLib:
<http://www.sonsothunder.com/products/xmllib/xmllib.htm>

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====