Card Vertical Scrollbars

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 23 10:55:34 EST 2010

On 12/23/10 12:48 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Thanks Jacquie. Is it so unreasonable to expect that a scrollbar on a
> group should just work? I don't have the time or the inclination to
> write volumes of code to implement what should be a standard feature. At
> least document what is required to make a scrollbar work.

I probably overwhelmed you with too much detail. Scrollbars do just
work, and if all you want to do is scroll the group there's nothing you
need to do except set the lockloc of the group to true so it won't
resize. That's the same behavior images have. Lockloc controls whether
the engine automatically resizes the group when it is redrawn.

> As for the positioning of the scrollbar, if I I position something in
> the IDE, why wouldn't it stay that way in a standalone?

It does. The reason it didn't stay put for you is (I assume) because the
group wasn't locked, so it automatically resized to fit its content when
the card opened in your standalone.

Just manually size the group the way you want it, lock it, and that's
all you need to do. If you want the group's size to change when the user
resizes the window, then you do need to write a short resizestack
handler to reset the group size. But that should be all.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com