Card Vertical Scrollbars

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Dec 22 17:29:03 EST 2010

I just tried this as a workaround for the screen resolution issues
I've been having and ran into a number of problems.

I used "select all" from the edit menu to select all the objects on
the card, then grouped them and requested a vertical scrollbar.  First
problem - the group width did not go out to the right far enough to
include a rectangle I have on the card so the scrollbar wasn't
positioned correctly.  No problem, grabbed the handle on the group and
made it wider.  Scrollbar didn;t move.  Unchecked the vertical
scrollbar and checked it again, now it's in the right place.

The scrollbar isn't active because everything in the group fits in the
window.  So I resize the window and make it shorter - no change in the
scrollbar, still not active.  OK, maybe this only works in a
standalone?  I make a standalone and run it.  Lo and behold, the
resizing of the group I did has gone away and the scrollbar is in the
wrong place.  And it still doesn't scroll.

OK, so this obviously isn't going to work for whatever reason.  I go
back to the IDE, select the group that includes everything and Ungroup
it.  Before I started all this, the card had 4 groups on it.  After
ungrouping, three of the groups are intact, the fourth one has
disappeared and all the controls that were in it are now not grouped
together - it happens to be the group with the most controls in it,
some hidden, some grouped within it.  Big mess, thank goodness for
backups.

Back to square one to find a solution to my screen resolution issues
that doesn't take hours to implement. Most of the time, LC is the
greatest thing since sliced bread but occasionally it's the most
frustrating piece of software I've ever come across.

Pete Haworth