OT: Lunar Eclipse

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 02:54:29 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Jerry J <jhj at jhj.com> wrote:
> Clear here in Portola Valley. About half gone.
> --Jerry
>
> On Dec 20, 2010, at 10:49 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>
>> It's starting this hour....    *Andre* -- I saw this on the NASA site:
>>
>> "*Viewers in Brazil will see the moon set during totality. "*
>> *
>> *
>> http://www.nasa.gov/connect/chat/lunar_eclipse.html
>> *
>> *
>> that means it will be REAL BIG and ORANGE - enlarged by the atmosphere and
>> lit by earthlight..
>> Straight overhead ( in Alabama at the moment) and the skies are clear.  The
>> moon is just starting to be obfuscated.
>>
>> Sorry Californians can't see it. Too much rain.
>>

>> sqb

Pretty nifty! Here in N.E.Oklahoma we were able to see the whole
thing. Living in a rural area as we do, I was actually more (or at
least equally) amazed at the reaction from the critters in the area...
just about the exact minute it was a full eclipse, all of the coyotes
in the area went crazy with their singing. A beautiful, haunting song
it was, indeed.

Best regards,
David C.