datagrid: sharing grid templates

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 13:15:40 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Trevor DeVore
<lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at mollysrevenge.com>wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to force the creation of a new template when you copy and
>> paste a datagrid?  I have a "skeleton" datagrid set up with various
>> pre-defined custom properties, default column behavior pre-set, various
>> other characteristics pre-defined and it would be great if I could copy and
>> paste it as the basis for  new datagrids and have it create a new template
>> each time.  I'm happy to write code to do this if necessary.
>>

> Not that I know of. The LiveCode IDE is in charge of what happens during a
> copy/paste operation so if you wanted to changed behavior you could submit
> an enhancement request to RunRev.

If they are quicker than a slug. Already in the DGH to do list.

Internally DGH duplicates the template, the properties and the
behaviors of a grid in a special TMPL we use as a preview.
When the modifications in the preview are applied to the grid, we
replicate the preview content in the original grid.
We have named this the DGH Mimetism. 8-)

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc