Set Angle Bug?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 14 18:11:45 EST 2010

On 12/14/10 4:53 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Honestly, I think the multi-rotate distortion is the result of the
> fact that LiveCode works on successive iterations of images to
> accomplish the next rotate. Instead, it should keep the original, and
> display a copy of the image as rotated. This has the added benefit of
> being able to revert to the original image at a later time.

That's what the angle command is supposed to do. Rotate distorts and is
irreversable. There's documentation about it in the dictionary under the
"rotate" entry. There's a discussion there about the resizing issue and
how a rotated image fills its frame also.

I haven't had time to experiment, so I'm just being theoretical here.
But if changing the angle is introducing distortion then it sounds like
a bug (except that some distortion will happen regardless just because
of how pixels work.) If the original rotation was done with the rotate
command, then it is acting as expected and each successive rotation will
distort the image further.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com