iOS: how to play a video file from a url?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Dec 11 04:48:59 EST 2010

Hi David,

I tried this and it worked for adding a movie when building the standalone
app.
I added in the standalone application settings -> Copy files the movie file
I wanted to include.
In the button scipt I put:

-----------------------
on mouseUp
   put "LanoKurz-iPhone-cell.3gp" into tMovie
   put specialfolderpath("engine") & "/" into tMypath
   put tMovie after tMyPath
   play video tMyPath
end mouseUp

watch out: the iPhone is case sensitive.

This would get you a movie file into your app that you can play without
streaming it over the network.

If you want to download a movie file you could probably store it in "cache".
I did not do that yet. specialfolderpath ("cache")

Kind regards
Bernd