Live LiveCode Code Event #3

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Dec 9 20:13:29 EST 2010

Dear LiveCoders,

This Saturday, 11 December 2010 at 19:00h GMT (Sat. 22:00 in Moscow, Sat. 20:00 in Paris, Sat. 14:00 in New York, Sat. 11:00 in Los Angeles, Sun. 04:00 in Tokyo, Sun. 3:00 in Beijing), the 3rd edition of the Live LiveCode Event will go live. As Bjoernke will be travelling, I'm taking up the challenge of organising the event this time.

Provided that we solve all technical issues and manage to communicate with each other despite the time zones, we will have two presentations for you.

Mark Wieder will talk about GLX, which is now open source. Mark will show GLX and show how you can help coding this project yourself. Download GLX at https://bitbucket.org/mwieder/glx2/downloads before the conference starts.

Judy Perry will give an overview of ways in which LiveCode can be successfully used in the field of education.

Direct links to the video presentations will be available at http://livecode.tv shortly before the event starts. Videos and materials will be available afterwards.

During the event, there will be discussions about LiveCode and an opportunity to ask questions to the speakers on ChatRev. If you log in on ChatRev during the event, you will be able to buy the Installer Maker Plugin for LiveCode at a 25% discount. You can find ChatRev at http://bjoernke.com/chatrev .

This weekend, David Bovill is participating in a coding competition. David runs the LiveCode.tv website and invites you to watch him coding. More information about the competition is available in his announcement and at http://www.livecode.tv/mobile-weekend/ .

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com