PDF ?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 04:44:04 EST 2010

Assuming Richmond is on Linux, there is the pdf2html command line
tool.  It can output PDFs as html, xml, or as images.  I got the
latter quite by accident once - I think it came from choosing the -c
param (meaning 'complex pdf').  You can select the start and end
pages, thus if it is one page you want from a  PDF, you should be able
to export to xml and extract the changes you want with script, then
re-produce the PDF.  I'm pretty sure you will lose a lot of the
formatting if the PDF is anything other than a basic container.  But
at least you get the document's content in a paginated form, and you
can work with the text contents.

I think pdf2html also exists for other platforms.

Bernard