Maximize A Stack

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 09:58:41 EST 2010

--- On Tue, 12/7/10, Warren Kuhl <warrenkuhl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried....
> set the rect of stack 'whateverName' to screenRect()
>
> Although it maximizes my stack...it cuts everythings from
> the
> screen...including my task bar and the top of my stack.
>
> It is really weird as I started a new stack with nothing
> added and try to
> maximize it and it is only covering half my
> screen.   Just wanted to make
> sure I didn't limit the size of my stack with any code. For
> some reason I
> cannot maximize a stack on my Windows 7 the way maximize
> should work.
>
> When I compile the object as a standalone...the maximize
> works as it
> should.  It is only when I am working with the stack
> in RR is when I can't
> maximize.  Not sure if anyone else is experiencing
> anything like this.  At
> this point...I am not worried to much as it works as a
> standalone.
> Warren

You could try 'the windowBoundingRect' instead of 'the screenRect' - this should leave room for the dock at least. If that gives you the same outcome as clicking the 'maximize' button, then there's probably something strange with the content of 'the windowBoundingRect' itself.
It is a read-write global property, set by the LiveCode IDE to leave room for its menubar and tools stack.

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====