How to make a square topped, round rect bottomed graphic?

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 02:21:45 EST 2010

Hey Roger,
Wasn't this the Trace tool in SC ?  You were always impressed with
that ;-)

Seeing it was in SC, I would have thought somebody that still has SC
and is a lot brighter than the two of us put together, could "extract"
and clone the appropriate script.

BTW, what's all of this "Howdy" ?  Methinks you've been spending too
much time in Montana !!

best, Bob...

> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:17:45 -0800
> From: Roger Guay <irog at mac.com>
> To: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: How to make a square topped, round rect bottomed graphic?
>
> Howdy,
>
> One of the things I remember most fondly about SuperCard was its
> incredible shrinker/expander polygon tool. With this tool it was a
> snap to surround a group of objects, for example, and the tool would
> then automatically generate a new polygon that fit tightly around
> the original group. As an option, this tool could also expand to
> fill a void.
>
> I have tried to build such tool in Rev but to no avail. I guess I am
> too much of an amateur!
>
> Oh, to have such a tool in Rev/LiveCode!!
>
> Cheers,
> Roger Guay

Bob Earp
White Rock, British Columbia.