Inserting unicodeText into a unicode string? #3

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:57:02 EDT 2010

In this case, the selectedtext is a property that contains no
positional information.  You can't do math on selectedtext unless it
just so happens to contain a number.
So, to do what you want you would need to use selectedchunk instead,
check it to see a) if its only an insertion point (word 4 of the
selectedchunk - word 2 of the selectedchunk will = -1 if this is the
case) then if I recall correctly, word 2 of the selectedchunk is the
cursor position so checking char (word 2 of the selectedchunk - 1)
will give you the char reference that you're looking for.

Again, i'm not a unicode guy so someone correct me if you have to do
things different.