Inserting unicodeText into a unicode string? #2

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 08:57:49 EDT 2010

Addition:  Since this thread does apply to unicode apparently. my
guess the pseudocode for this would be something like..

On click
get the clickcharchunk
--get the unicodetext from the field
determine if the clichcharchunk word 2 number returned is at the
single or double byte position and adjust accordingly (again, haven't
ever really dealt with unicode, but mark mentioned something about
this)
set a holding container to char 1 to your calculated split point.
At this point you don't really need to put the 2nd half into a holding
container, should be able to delete char 1 to your calculated split
point in your container
then set the unicodetext of the original field to the unicodetext of
field "Your holding container" & the unicode you want inserted & the
unicodetext of field "the original field"