Determining LAN IP

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Aug 26 19:33:21 EDT 2010

Monte,

If you're in control of both applications (the iPhone one and Rev one), you
can code so that they find each other without user interaction. You can use
ZeroConf for that or so some brute force attempts such as looping all the
local ip address range looking for each other.

For example, if my Rev built-in server listen at port 9876, I can make the
iPhone app find it's own ip and then go for x.x.x.1 til x.x.x.254 trying to
connect on port 9876, no manual ip thing needed but could be provided if
automatic lookup failed.

:D

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com