RunRev Specs - Upgrading System

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Wed Aug 25 11:08:51 EDT 2010

André, Mark,

Thanks for these suggestions.  I've worked on Macs for years but I'm
thinking of switching to Windows 7.  I understand it's been received
more warmly than Vista and as I'm spending more time switching back
and forth to make sure colors and fonts look reasonably the same in my
standalone on Windows as they do on my Mac I'm considering the switch.

For the last 4-5 years I'm on a Mac with 4 cores running at 2.66 with
2 GB of DDR2 RAM.  I'm thinking of stepping up to an i7 with 6 cores
running at 3.3 GHz with 12 GB of RAM.  My work doesn't involve video
rendering or anything special.  It's simply a lot of processing data
and moving it to and from a remote server.  Recently I've noticed
Revolution choking and ultimately freezing on very heavy tasks,
sometimes to the point that I'm forced to log back in.  This could be
due to just 2 GB of DDR2 RAM or maybe it could be points on my aging
processor burning out.

Anyway, if you know of any issues with Revolution and Windows 7 on a
64 bit machine then please let me know.

Thanks,

Ray