Datagrid Column Names

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Aug 23 09:53:24 EDT 2010

On Aug 22, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> It appears that datagrid column names cannot be numeric?  I have a
> datagrid that has alpha column names followed by some numeric ones.
> No matter what method I use for filling in the data, the columns
> with alpha names display correctly but the columns with numeric
> names are empty.  If I change the column names to be alpha and put
> the numeric value in the column label field, all works fine.

Numeric column names trip up the engine when referring to the internal
data grid controls. Rather than targeting a control named "1" the
engine targets control # 1.

If I were to go back and rewrite the internal column naming scheme I
would probably add a prefix to the internal column controls (e.g.
"dgcol1" for a column the developer named "1"). I think this would get
around the issue. For now stay away from numeric column names.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems