(data grid) is there a good workaround for obtaining other column values in FillInData for a Data Grid Table?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:31:41 EDT 2010

It goes in a custom behavior script for the column you want the sum to
appear in.

To do a quicky test, create a stack, add a grid, in the inspector
create columns Sum, Col 2 and Col 3
While on the columns screen in the inspector, at the bottom click the
plus to add a custom behavior.  It will open up a template for that
column, click the now enabled behavior button and change the fillNData
section to contain

put the dgIndex of me into theIndex
set the text of field 1 of me to (GetDataOfIndex(theIndex, "Col 2") +
GetDataOfIndex(theIndex, "Col 3"))

instead of the line to set it to pData

save the script, save the stack, close the template editor.

Shove some data in for col 2 and col 3, and when it hits the Sum col
during fill should do the calculation and fill the data in.