revVideoGrabber: stop preview doesn't hide video window

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Aug 8 12:42:40 EDT 2010

> I have dealt with the problem of stop preview window by using
> closevideograbber to get rid of the preview window.

Huh? Doesn't that stop the capture?

Sorry I was not clear.

I have the revgrabber window in a substack.  This way I can hide the preview
of the recording by hiding and showing the substack.  This does not affect
the capture.

If I am not capturing, just previewing and I want to stop the preview I
close revvideograbber window and close the substack.

>yes, just changing the audio setting results in quirky behavior on the
video
>side. I found the audio levels too *low* for monitoring. I was using VG for
>archiving 8mm videos.  I went back to final cut.

>Save the audio settings? -  how does one do that ?
> It appears impossible because there's no commands documented for that.  If
>one tries to save on top of the video settings... they get trounced.

I can save the audio settings with the revvideograbsettings command but like
you said the video settings that have been set are changed as well so I had
to take the audio settings feature out.