revVideoGrabber: stop preview doesn't hide video window

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Aug 8 11:59:32 EDT 2010

On 8 August 2010 06:59, Martin Koob <mkoob at rogers.com> wrote:

> I have dealt with the problem of stop preview window by using
> closevideograbber to get rid of the preview window.

Huh? Doesn't that stop the capture?

> The other annoyance is the inability to turn off the audio while
> previewing.
> Sometimesthat results in audio feedback depending on the placement
> of microphones and the volume setting of the Mac.
> You can use an undocumented keyword for revvideograbdialog
>
> revVideograbdialog "audio"
>
>  to see a QT audio dialog to turn off the
> sound while previewing but if you try to save the settings it results in
> problems with the video settings.

yes, just changing the audio setting results in quirky behavior on the video
side. I found the audio levels too *low* for monitoring. I was using VG for
archiving 8mm videos.  I went back to final cut.

Save the audio settings? -  how does one do that ?
 It appears impossible because there's no commands documented for that.  If
one tries to save on top of the video settings... they get trounced.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA