How to set a empty registry setting on windows?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 7 20:35:13 EDT 2010

Andre Garzia wrote:

> For some stuff to work I need to set a subkey on the windows registry to
> empty value, I need the key there with an empty value but setRegistry says
> that if you set a subKey to empty it will delete the subKey. How to proceed
> then?

If memory serves you can set it to (in Rev) quote&quote, which gives you
"" which is different from empty in the Win registry (but of course is
synonymous with empty in Rev).

It's been a long time since I needed to do that, so test it before
trusting it of course.

If that's not it let me know and I'll see if I can dig up what I was
working on back then....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World