Rodeo, revServer etc.

Web Admin Himalayan Academy katir at hindu.org
Sat Aug 7 16:53:35 EDT 2010

FWIW

There is a marvelous old book around, 40 years old in fact, The
Management of Time  by  James T. McCay. It appears there are only about
60 copies left on Amazon.  It mandatory reading given to use by our
spiritual master.

If you wanted a dynamic insight into personal management in just 190
pages  without all the hype of the modern management movement, ( which
is marvelous in it's own way)  get it now! Good as gold today as it was
back then.

A key point McCay makes in the first chapter is that the primary "leak"
in our time management is poor communications, and that it is almost an
inevitability, inherent in life itself. This whole thing with Jerry and
Sarah and RunRev is a classic case.

McCay's contention is that we *must always!* take into account the
following principles, and if we do not it will cost us dearly on many
levels.

1) What I say or write is probably not very close to what I actually
think or actually feel.

2) What the other person actually hears or reads is not going to be what
I said or wrote.

3) How the person cognizes  what she heard or read is going to be
different from what she thought she heard

4) conversely, you need to be humble enough to admit that what you
cognize from what someone writes or said to you, is probably not exactly
what they said,  and that you need to factor into the relationship #1
above: that what she said or wrote to you was inevitably not the
fullness of what they thought or felt.

ergo "it's all my fault"

If you bear these principles in mind "run time...." and keep a feedback
loop going with the other person, then you
a) get true communications
b) efficient "management" (it takes less time to get things done because
everyone understand everyone else from the get go)
c) much more positive inter-personal relationships.

I would add to this:  and avoid possibly serious strategic blunders by
taking decisions based on the inherently flawed communications, both
"business" decisions as well as decisions about relationships.

skts