Harry Potter's magic button - a solution to another tricky group bug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 6 13:08:53 EDT 2010

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> Actually, there are at least two bugs: The problem of "setting" the loc
> and that of "keeping" the loc - although the lockloc of the image is set
> to true. "Lockloc" in the context of the definition above is also broken.
> After having succesfully centered the image, it will - as reported -
> revert to a topleft position in the group

Yes, with the default dynamic behavior of groups this is what most folks
will experience.  But some time ago I needed more canvas-like behaviors,
and Scott Raney accommodated me by adding the boundingRect property for
groups.

Similar to SuperCard's backSize property, the boundingRect lets you
define a rect for the scrollable area of a group regardless of its contents.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World