[revServer] process timeout issue

Michael Kann mikekann at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 09:14:08 EDT 2010

Peter,

I agree with your analysis. I have an on-rev founder account and have learned a lot playing around with it. For me it has given good value. Unlike Chipp, Jeff, Jerry, and others, I am really just using my account for recreation. They have different needs because they have customers down the line who are depending on them.

Going forward, it might make sense to have two checkout lines at the on-rev supermarket. One quick line for people like me who just want to post their vacation pictures and perhaps learn some coding. The second line for the serious business people who need to find out the capabilities of the server before they commit their resources. Those in the second line would be handed a printout of the latest server load test to peruse while they are waiting. If the server doesn't have the horsepower they need they can start looking for a better setup elsewhere -- no hard feelings either way.

Mike