[revServer] process timeout issue

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Aug 2 17:54:43 EDT 2010

Jerry, I tripped across this very thing when debugging connect probs I had. I use the mySQL on my onRev account as the DB backend. Trevor actually found a problem internal to sqlYoga which he fixed, which was causing sqlYoga to attempt to connect twice, which was giving me timeouts of a minute or more.

Trevor has subsequently fixed this, but I had come to accept that long timeouts were common place when using a remote SQL server. It's nice to know that I was not the only person experiencing this!

Bob