[revServer] process timeout issue

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Aug 2 12:09:39 EDT 2010

Pierre,

I've just run 25 concurrent clients for 30 seconds against
wooooooooords.comand no request failed. The report is as follow:

Transactions:                  81 hits
Availability:              100.00 %
Elapsed time:               29.82 secs
Data transferred:            4.21 MB
Response time:                8.35 secs
Transaction rate:            2.72 trans/sec
Throughput:                0.14 MB/sec
Concurrency:               22.67
Successful transactions:          81
Failed transactions:               0
Longest transaction:           15.59
Shortest transaction:            3.39

You can see that the response time and transaction rate is pretty bad but
this is probably due to my bad network but the good news is that your server
sustained 25 concurrent clients for 30 seconds with no hiccup. You can also
notice that there were requests that took 15 secs and others that took 3
secs, which is odd since they were all hitting the same page.

What we can infer from this simple thing is that there are places that
RevServer needs working but it also means we need more focus to find where
and why it breaks.

Andre