[revServer] process timeout issue

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Mon Aug 2 09:22:11 EDT 2010

Mike,

The problem is not the number of people using Rodeo and thus going against the revServer.

The issue with revServer stuttering or hiccuping sporadically was there when we had two users, and it is still there with hundreds of users.

Our solution to the timeout limitation is to just send the request to the server again. But we do not want to release a product that requires this.

No one is complaining about Rodeo's revServer performance, except Sarah and I. Why? Because we load and performance test our software and didn't like what we found. So we announced we are switching to PHP because of it.

RevServer may suit your tasks perfectly well. The initial building of CGIs is certainly fast. We have concerns regarding this timeout issue and are not going to wait for a fix. We factored our code for an easy transfer to PHP from the beginning, anticipating there might be issues with revServer.

Hope that helps,

Jerry Daniels

Follow the Rodeo discussion:
http://rodeoapps.com/discuss-among-yourselves-0