[OT] GameOver Mr. Jobs

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 19:41:12 EDT 2010

Story has a way to repeat itself.

Once upon a time I used a Mac for work and leisure.
I read MacWorld, MacUser and MacAddict and
for sure learned to love the company and the
philosophy that create the "Mac way".

But then, the inconformity of Mac culture drive itself
to endless comparations of itself with Windows users.
In fact, the most detailed articles comparing Windows and
Mac OS appeared in MacWorld and MacUser.

Could you believe that i learned more about Windows
reading Macintosh magazines than many Windows users
learn reading their OS documentation?

When i had the opportunity to sit down with a Windows user
to view his Windows PC, i knew more about the Windows GUI
than himself. All this knowledge directly from Mac magazines.

The tipping point and warning signal that i have to change
from Mac to Windows was an infamous ad with an Intel
processor on the back of a snail...

I have to thanks the Mac culture for educating me in many
computing task, like frecuent data backup, keeping organized
my files in neatly labeled folders and be careful about viruses.
(At the moment of writing this, I still have not infected any of
my computers with a virus)

Time have proved that i make the right choice when i changed
platforms and skip the whole PowerPC and complete list
of propietary interface external devices "experience".

Today you could buy a Mac and, if you wish, run Windows and
Linux on the same machine using cross platform hardware
and if you are enough motivated you could do otherwise...

So, what this history teach me about iPad future?
Apple changes, and changes always in the direction
of profits.

Do you want to be 100% accurate about future Apple
developments in software and hardware? Look first at
the directions where profits are blowing.

Could you feel the breeze?... ;-)

Alejandro